We need to collect and use certain types of personal information about the people we deal with, such as current, past and prospective employees, students, clients/customers, the employees thereof and others with whom we communicate with.
In addition, we may occasionally be required, either by law, by our regulator or in order to carry out our responsibilities in line with our engagement to collect, use and share certain types of personal information to comply with the requirements of government departments, agencies and regulators.
Within our general terms of business or as engaged Under the Data Protection Legislation, all organisations which handle personal information must comply with a number of important principles regarding the privacy and disclosure of this information.
We believe that the lawful correct treatment of personal information is critical to our successful operation, and to maintaining our clients’ confidence in us. We recognise that, to maintain our reputation and integrity as an open and professional organisation, we must be fully compliant with this legislation.
Data Protection legislation
In the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area (EEA), “Data Protection Legislation” means all applicable data protection and privacy legislation or regulations including The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (also known as PECR) and any guidance or codes of practice issued by the European data Protection Board or the Information Commissioner, together with:
- prior to 25 May 2018, the UK Data Protection Act 1998: and
- from 25 May 2018 onwards Regulations (EU) 2016/679 (the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”), as amended by the UK Data Protection Bill.
Outside of the EEA, “Data Protection Legislation” means local, territorial data protection and privacy legislation that governs the processing of Personal data.
Therefore we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection set out in the Data Protection Legislation and will:
- fully observe the conditions regarding the fair collection and use of personal information;
- meet our legal obligations to specify the purposes for which we use personal information
- only collect and process the personal information need to carry out our business or to comply with any legal requirements
- ensure that personal information we use is as accurate as possible
- ensure that we don’t hold personal information any longer than is necessary
- ensure that people know about their rights to see the personal information we hold about them
- take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information; and
- ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards.
In addition, we will ensure that:
- there is someone with specific responsibility for data protection in the organisation
- we regularly review and audit how we handle personal information
- the ways we handle personal information are clearly described
- everyone handling personal information understands that they are responsible for following good practice
- everyone handling personal information is appropriately trained and properly supervised
- we regularly assess the performance of people who handle personal information
- anybody wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows that to do; and
- queries about handling personal information are dealt with promptly and courteously.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. To do so please write to Hedley Dunk Limited, Trinity House, 3 Bullace Lane, Dartford, Kent DA1 1BB.
You can get a written copy of this policy from us either by writing to us at the address above or email email@example.com